Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Practitioner Online
September 27 (20 weeks)
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
The Holistic Academy is the only provider of an accredited Holistic Integrated
Arts Therapy in UAE.
The perfect combination of holistic healing therapies and creative arts.
Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy is a mental health profession that uses the creative process to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of individuals of all ages.
This evidence-based therapy trains graduates to use a variety of creative modalities including art-making, dance, sculpture, drama, music, sound therapy, storytelling, meditation, and holistic counseling skills to guide clients in recognizing and overcoming trauma and limiting beliefs in an empowering, respectful, and highly effective way.
The blend of science and hands-on creativity makes this course extremely popular with a wide target audience and attracts people who want to develop a heart-centered career with a respected qualification and an effective set of modalities in a fast-growing industry.
Who should do this course?
This course is perfect for creative people wanting to develop a sustainable new career. It is also highly valuable to teachers and healthcare workers who want to expand their skill set.
Suitable for all ages over 18 years, including mature-age students.
No previous experience or qualifications are required.
No artistic ability is necessary.
Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Practitioner Course use of visual arts,
tactile arts, music, dance, creative writing, storytelling, play, and drama within the context of holistic wellness, therapy, rehabilitation, and healing. It has a broad range of vocational applications ranging from working with adults, children,
aged care clients, brain injury patients, culturally diverse clients, and many client populations in between.
HICAT enhances physical, mental and emotional functioning and well-being.
Holistic therapists work with the whole person and assist people in becoming
self-empowered through supporting them on a journey of self-exploration and
personal growth, incorporating the body, mind, emotions and spirit.
This course is also suitable for personal development.
Practitioner of Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy you learn how to work
with PTSD, anxiety disorder, grief & loss, children, depression, working with
medical settings, meditation action through art and holistic counseling within the context of therapy, counseling, rehabilitation, and holistic healing.
If helping people rediscover their innate creativity and playfulness while
developing skills to overcome physical, mental and emotional hurdles and live
happier healthier lives, is how you would like to make your living,
this course is for you!
HICAT Titles and Laws
- In Australia and New Zealand, HICAT graduates can use the title HICAT practitioner, Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Practitioner, Creative Arts Facilitator, or Creative Therapist.
- In the USA and the UK, you can use the title Creative Arts Facilitator or Creative Therapist.
- Art Therapists in the UK must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), which is the statutory regulator of the profession. ‘ The Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Practitioner Training Course’ is not an HCPC-approved program and completing the course will not lead to graduates being able to register as Art therapists or to provide Art Therapy in the United Kingdom.
- Graduates of the HICAT Course are not Art Therapists, they are Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy (HICAT) practitioners.
- HICAT is a modality that uses a wide range of creative ArtS which enable people to connect with the creator inside themselves.
- HICAT is empowering and does not require an ‘expert’ to interpret the finished piece or monitor the creative process in any way.
- All that is needed is an open heart that can hold a safe space to share beautiful, gentle, creative tools.
- HICAT graduates should not advertise themselves as Art Therapists – Some organizations own the words and they get very upset when other healers use those words.
- HICAT Practitioners can register with the International Institute of Complementary Therapists, the International Association of Therapists, and the Complementary Medical Association, the International Association of Therapists, the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine and get professional insurance to practice in the following 27 countries: Oceania: Australia & New Zealand the UK and Europe: United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Greece, Latvia, Sweden, Channel Islands, Norway, Estonia, Malta, Isle of Man, Netherlands South Africa (covered under the EU/UK insurer) United States, Canada.
- It is most certainly legal for HICAT graduates to practice as HICAT Practitioners in all of the above countries.
- Please also be aware that the association called ANZACATA is not a legally regulating body for art therapy in any country.
- They are a private company.
- KHDA Approved Course
As a qualified Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapist, you can develop a career that is in line with your passion. You can run workshops, classes, and groups and see private clients or couples.
You can work in specialized areas like PTSD, stress management, mental, emotional, and physical healing, anxiety, addiction, relationships, spiritual development and so many more.
Aged care is one area where Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapies make a powerful impact.
Regular participation in arts therapies can completely change the quality of life for many older people and assist in treating social issues like loneliness and loss of purpose through to conditions like dementia and hypertension.
Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapists are in high demand in the corporate arena where they can contribute to positive work environments, less workplace stress, and reduced workplace bullying.
HICAT also helps to stimulate creativity and awaken leadership skills. This improves productivity and profitability making it a popular team-building program for smart corporate managers.
If you want to work with children or already do, HICAT will provide you with highly effective skills which are valued by parents, medical professionals, childcare workers, and teachers.
Creative therapies help children express and process emotions, manage stress, self-regulate, and develop confidence and the ability to focus and concentrate.
HICAT is also extremely beneficial to children on the autism spectrum and their families.
This course will connect you with the best part of yourself.
Many graduates say it has changed their lives.
Practical Topics Covered include:
· Tactile Therapy – Sculpture, Clay, Sand Play & Environmental Art Making
· Art Therapy – Paint, Watercolor, Pencils, Charcoal & Oil Pastels
· Music – Tribal Rhythms & Medicine Drums
· Dance & Movement Therapy
· Storytelling & creative writing
· Role Play & Drama Therapy
· Sound Therapy
Theory Topics Covered include:
· The cause & effects of stress
· The mind/body connection
· Physiology of the brain
· Left brain/right brain
· Unconscious beliefs and mental patterns
· Exploring emotions
· History of art therapy
· Creative therapies & health
· Why creative art therapies are effective
· Creative art therapies as emotional healing
· Creative art therapies for recovery & rehabilitation
· Art & developing intuition
· Drawing from within
· Colour & emotions
· Sound, vibration & the body’s cells
· The creative process
· Art Appreciation
· Interpretation & Diagnosis
· Compassion & non-judgment
· Learning Styles
Booking is essential to secure your place, places are limited
Online and on campus options.