Certificate in Meditation Therapy for the Management of Depression and Anxiety
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Pre-requisite: Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Course OR Meditation Teacher and Holistic Counseling Skills Course
4 modules (80 Hours)
Take your holistic training to the next level with our professional development courses.
Offer a wider variety of services.
Provide a deeper level of service.
Reach a wider audience.
Increase your client base.
Re-ignite your passion.
Expand your knowledge base.
Build on your skill set.
Develop your holistic counselling skills.
Specialize in niche areas.
This course provides people with the tools required to self-manage depression and anxiety as well as better manage stress in daily life. As we witness the distressing increase in the number of people dependent on antidepressant drugs to cope with daily life, we realize how essential it has become to provide natural and self-managed alternatives to medication as a standalone treatment. Teaching Meditation for Depression and Anxiety is particularly useful for practitioners who wish to focus on the epidemic of stress, depression, and anxiety-related disorders that are rampant in our society.
• Depression, stress and anxiety in our modern world
• Description of depression
• A brief history of depression
• A theory of depression
• The use of pharmaceuticals for the treatment of depression and anxiety
• Treating Depression
• Understanding Panic Attacks
• The treatment of depression, stress and anxiety
• Teaching people who are suffering from depression, stress and anxiety
• Creating safe classroom environments
• Creating class plans
• Designing meditations
• Choosing positive thinking tools
• Counselling clients who suffer from depression, anxiety and panic attacks
Students receive a certificate for each course completed, and certain courses lead to new qualification levels.