Certificate in Holistic Therapies for PTSD
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Pre-requisite: Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Course OR Meditation Teacher and Holistic Counseling Skills Course
4 modules (80 Hours)
Take your holistic training to the next level with our professional development courses.
Offer a wider variety of services.
Provide a deeper level of service.
Reach a wider audience.
Increase your client base.
Re-ignite your passion.
Expand your knowledge base.
Build on your skill set.
Develop your holistic counselling skills.
Specialize in niche areas.
Based on the ground-breaking work of psychiatrist, author, and educator Bessel van der Kolk, who has been at the forefront of research in the area of post-traumatic stress since the 1970s. Dr van der Kolk has spent his career studying how children and adults adapt to traumatic experiences and have interpreted his findings into his book; The Body Keeps the Score. Students will explore what PTSD is, how it is recorded in the brain, and how it affects the development of the cells. You will also discover very effective ways to support your clients to move beyond PTSD into self-empowerment and improved mental, emotional, and physical health.
• Introduction to Post Traumatic Stress disorder
• Understanding PTSD
• The vagus nerves
• Foundational Relationship Attachment Concepts
• The effects of abuse and neglect in early life
• The effects of depression, stress, and anxiety
• Treating depression
• Understanding panic attacks
• Working with grief and loss
• Tools for managing PTSD
• Using art therapy to treat PTSD
• Designing meditations for PTSD
• Talk therapy and PTSD
• Designing programs and workshops for PTSD
• Self-care for PTSD counselors
The body keeps the score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
Students receive a certificate for each course completed, and certain courses lead to new qualification levels.