Certificate in Holistic Telephone Counselling
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Pre-requisite: Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Course OR Meditation Teacher and Holistic Counseling Skills Course
4 modules (80 Hours)
Take your holistic training to the next level with our professional development courses.
Offer a wider variety of services.
Provide a deeper level of service.
Reach a wider audience.
Increase your client base.
Re-ignite your passion.
Expand your knowledge base.
Build on your skill set.
Develop your holistic counselling skills.
Specialize in niche areas.
This course prepares students to offer telephone and online counseling therapy for clients who are unable to attend in person for various reasons. These reasons may include family or work commitments, disability, location, lack of transport, or isolation. Telephone counselors need special skills to ensure the client experiences as close as possible to the safe and nurturing environment the counselor would provide in a face-to-face consultation.
• Introduction to telephone counseling
• Using Zoom and other online platforms for counseling
• Outline of the counseling call
• The seven core principles of telephone counseling
• Feelings are key
• Active listening
• Minimal encourages
• Reflection of content
• Exploration of feelings
• Open and closed questions
• Guidelines for summarizing
• Basic telephone counseling communication guidelines
• Barriers to effective communication
• Listening skills
• Warnings and contras – When not to use telephone counseling
• Domestic violence and suicidal clients
• Role-play exercises
The telephone counselor’s role play handbook by Kerry Doolan
Telephone Counselling – A Handbook for Practitioners by Maxine Rosenfield
Students receive a certificate for each course completed, and certain courses lead to new qualification levels.